Thursday, November 21, 2013

Elementary Physical Education

Physical education in elementary schools is essential for proper child development. I think we over look how important it is for children at a young age to be physically active.  From ages 1- 12 kids are at an important motor development stage.  Simple exercises such as skipping, jumping, running, and hopping are very important for children to learn.  We need to really focus on our elementary students, giving them what they need for a long and healthy life.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with physical education being very important in elementary schools. Now that schools are getting their physical education program cut in PA it is unfair for those students who are missing out on being physically active in school. Elementary school is where students learn the basics of learning for the future which includes motor development. Physical activity helps students concentrate in class more because they aren't just sitting in a chair the whole day they are moving around. Physical education is an important aspect in elementary schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just do not understand America and the things they do sometimes. We are a nation that is FAT! Sorry but it's a fact. Instead of trying to educate the children on ways to be healthier and reduce the numbers of obese kids, we start cutting health and phys. ed. programs. Heck kids do not even get recess anymore like we used to! They wonder why so many kids are diagnosed with ADHD and things like that compared to older times and its because they are forced to sit still all day long! Kids need an outlet. I just can't comprehend why people think that it is smart to cut the programs that are preparing kids with information for a healthy life, opposed to other classes that they may never use in their entire lifetime outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. Physical Education should be emphasized on younger students in Elementary school because that's when students are more prone to learning more things and it is easier for them to learn. But, you're right, it is being looked over and that's not right. But, I feel like this is why we are becoming a Physical Educator because we care about students and want them to promote a healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete